Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Day in the Life

A typical day in our house is slightly less than glamorous, but I have to admit, I'm SO loving things right now!!  We all know that I'm not a planner or a schedule keeper, by any means, but that's how we like it around here!!  With Ryan's CRAZY work schedule, everyday is a little different, which actually fits in with our family pretty well!!

Here's a little peek at how we start a "typical" week day in our house...


I get up around 6am...6:30am...or maybe even sometimes closer to 7am (depending on how much sleep my precious babies let me get that night). 

I stumble into the family room and turn on The Disney Channel, put on a pot of coffee, and fix Ethan some breakfast.  

Then I go get him out of bed, carry him to the recliner in the family room, cover him up with a blanket and bring him his breakfast.  

While he is waking up and having breakfast, I fix his school lunch and bring him his school clothes. 

I get dressed (normally a pony tail and comfy clothes) then come back and help him brush his teeth and fix his hair.  

This is our "mama and me" time before the day starts!  I LOVE it!  

Then I get Lexie out of bed and we take Ethan to school.  

When we get back home, Lexie and I have our "mama and me" time.
  
This is when we lounge around on the couch while I drink my coffee and Lexie drinks her Chocolate/ Strawberry milk.
  
There's lots of cuddles, hugs and kisses, cartoon watching, book reading, and lots and lots of snuggle time!!

 I use to try and rush this time, so we could get our day started, but I have learned to embrace it!!!

 I have learned that THIS is what life is all about and I won't get this time forever!
  
It will be gone before I know it, so for now I embrace it and I LOVE IT!!!

How do you start your day???





Photobucket


XOXO,
Kristy

8 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE that snuggle time! It is the best!! We were going strong for a while when after Rob would leave for work Noah would pad into my bed and we would snuggle...loved it! Now he is just sleeping in. :( I have to say though I am not looking forward to the middle of the night feedings it really truly is special time that you only get to experience for a short time!

Ashley said...

I feel like I used to try to rush my mornings too but I have really made a conscious effort to slow down and enjoy it more.

Lindsay said...

Love this!! It's always fun to see how our bloggy friends spend their time xoxo

Erin said...

awww I can just picture all this and it makes me smile! :) cutest momma ever!! :)

Heather said...

i love this and learning more about you! you're such a lovely, beautiful mama!! xo

Chelsea L said...

That's so sweet. I can't wait to have mornings like that. My morning also involves coffee, but I wake up my dog, not a child yet :) Coffee and blogs...

Kelly said...

i miss morning snuggle time with my boys. you are right not to rush it. it passes by so fast.

Candace Stevenson said...

awh :) how cute! Can't wait to experience a fun morning snuggle someday

Lovely Little Rants

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...